We had a great meeting last night! Committee members and officers present included: Glen Cannon, Secretary; Lynette Hoy, President; Michael Herz; Ofelia Miran; Alex Roseborough.
Discussion and topics included:
1. Plans for advancing chapter membership and NAMA Standards
a. Members were encouraged to join the Linkedin group for NAMA
b. Lynette reported that MCNAMA is linked to NAMA website.
2. Administrative needs: Membership cards and receipts needed. Mike will develop membership cards and receipts.
3. Ideas and future direction.
a. Alex and Lynette will be working on VA project, seek funding for vetting vendors to provide services and report at the next meeting.
b. Alex will check into radio and TV opportunities for MCNAMA
c. Mike suggested offering CEU for chapter meetings.
i. Lynette will check with NAMA for CEUs
ii. Glen will check with NBCC and NASW.
4. NAMA standards for CAMS-II were discussed and the requirements are listed on the NAMA website.
5. NAMA fall conference (Oct. 24-25 in Tucson) was discussed. Lynette and Alex will be representing MCNAMA. See Conference description and registration information.
6. Next meeting set for July 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. at a location to be determined. Members will be notified as to location the first week of July, 2013.