Glen Cannon, LCPC, CAMS-IV and Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-V met for a planning meeting. The following plans are set to:
3. Questions for all: what would you like to see MCNAMA provide? Do you need support in your State?
What feedback are you getting from courts and corrections departments regarding the need for anger management services?
How would you like to participate with MCNAMA?
Membership benefits include:
- your name and contact information in our directory
- anger management news updates
- networking through the web site and meetings
1. Increase participation at meetings: through use of conference calling at $30.00 per call using TBGconferencing.com for meetings to increase attendance at chapter meetings.
2. Set standards for anger management programs/services and providers in Midwest region. Glen Cannon discovered that Psychology Today therapists/providers do not have anger management credentials.
Need: Many people needing anger management services or who are court-ordered take an online course or a 3 hour course. It was determined that this is not sufficient.
Plan: to write up a recommended program outline with standards for provider credentials to be approved by MCNAMA members and by NAMA. Requirements: Minimum standard programs should provide at least ten hours of anger management sessions and providers should be trained by NAMA approved programs and hold the NAMA credentials of Certified Anger Management Specialist-I or II.
Our mailing address is:
Midwest Chapter of NAMA
P.O. Box 5823
Naperville, IL 60567
Lynette Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-V