Statement of Purpose: The purpose of this organization shall be to promote and enhance research-based anger management education and services to the public and to advance the National Anger Management Association leadership, standards and code of ethics providing the foundation for credentialing anger management programs, leaders, educators and professionals.
Geographic area: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
The following shall be the goals and objectives of the Midwest Chapter of NAMA on the local and State level:
- Promote the advancement of NAMA approved anger management services
- Support the expansion of the body of knowledge of clinical anger management treatment and research
- Assist in providing leadership at the local level by: advocating NAMA’s Anger Management Specialist Certification programs, NAMA’s standards, NAMA’s anger management specialist directory
- Adhere to and promote the NAMA individual and program credentialing standards and code of ethics
- Promote various anger management research projects
- Advertise and promote Membership in NAMA and the Midwest Chapter for all anger management professionals (residing in aforementioned States)
- Promote NAMA approved educational anger management programs/services and promote awareness of NAMA standards and credentialing to: the public, community leaders, law officers, professionals, court systems, workplace, managers, educational, healthcare, legal, religious and other institutions
- Support the assessment of programs along with educators, researchers, mental health and other professionals providing anger management programs and services
- Promote research-based anger management methods and techniques
- Affiliation: The Midwest Chapter of the National Anger Management Association shall be an official chapter of the National Anger Management Association (herein referred to as NAMA).
- Membership. Any NAMA Active Member, Student, Fellow or Diplomate residing in the designated Chapter geographic area may officially join the Chapter ($25.00 annual fee required), although anyone may attend open meetings and events hosted by the organization.
- Events and meetings.
The Chapter shall meet 3-5 times during the calendar year.
The Chapter shall host meetings and such events as: Open Midwest Chapter member meetings; educational and organizational events.
Next meeting: March 21, 2013. 7 p.m. Hyatt Place, Lombard, IL
President: Lynette J. Hoy, NCC, LCPC, CAMS-IV
Juana Rivera-Vidal, CAMS-I
Secretary: Glen Cannon, LCPC, CADC, CAMS-III
Treasurer: Lucy Rios, CAMS-I